Friday, June 22, 2012

The Mobile Garden!



Since I knew I'd be moving, 'though I had no real idea when or where, I planted my entire garden in 15 gallon pots, alongside the grow boxes and self-watering containers from year's past.  It was a large investment in soil and energy.   I could not have done it without the good-hearted people, particularly John, of Mid-City Nursery in American Canyon, California.  This business has been around for decades, in large part because of their incredible loyalty to customers, their knowledge of plants and trees, and because of John and his family.   If you are in town, I highly recommend them.   And you can't miss John....he stands about nine feet tall and has a heart to match his height.
Over the years, John and his wonderful family have helped both myself and dozens of gardening friends to create the garden of their dreams.   When I told him I was moving, he even offered a truck to help move my plants.   What a place!  Check them out.



As you can see from the photographs, the mobile garden experiment is rolling along swimmingly.  I am a bit annoyed in that in hindsight, I could have probably planted the entire garden and still been fine in terms of moving, but I didn't want to risk having to leave behind all my hard work.

I'm hoping for a large harvest....time will tell!